“Not Me, But You” with this moto, the NSS Unit Programme Officer and the volunteers are active participants. They have always been at the forefront in implementing the University Programmes under NSS by conducting various development activities for the benefit of Public at large in association with the government and private agencies. This enables the students to become responsible citizens and good human beings. The NSS unit has conducted/organized many events including:
- Screening eye camps conducted in many villages for the benefit of the cataract population.
- Organizing tree plantation campaigns as it is recognized as one of the most engaging, environmentally-friendly activities.
- Plastic is a parasite that causes the downfall of our environment. From humans to marine life, plastic has penetrated in our lives and is causing severe harm. “Sweep Blue Mountain Programme” is one such program to ‘Say no to plastics’ organized by our NSS unit.
- Organized International Yoga day celebrations in our campus to promote mental and physical well-being.
- Organized awareness Programme on Health and Hygiene to stress the importance of good personal hygiene which is the key to having a healthy body and mind.
- During the pandemic (COVID -19), our NSS unit distributed face masks and soaps to the District Administration & groceries/provisions to our adopted villages.