Electronics and Communication Engineering
About The department of Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE) was established in the year 2009, to produce knowledgeable, competent and resourceful graduates sculptured into successful professional careers. Students taking their degree learn the operating principles and design of devices ranging from wireless and satellite communication systems, networking, embedded systems, integrated electronics, imaging and sensing devices, to Internet-based information technology offers day to day life solutions.
The department has well equipped laboratories housing various modern equipment to enable the students to be in pace with the fast developing technology such as optical- Microwave, networks, Communication system, Microprocessor& Microcontroller, Linear – digital IC ,and Electronics Labs, and latest softwares like Xilinx,Orcad ,Pspice.
Besides regular classes and lab sessions, the Department organizes students’ technical association called “ELCONN” – a forum where students are encouraged to exhibit Technical talents.
To propagate and disseminate knowledge in Electronics and Communication Engineering to produce graduates who will attain careers and higher education that Eventually prompt positions of authority in academia, industry and government in areas of quickly progressing interdisciplinary innovation through the student and faculty. To encourage students to serve social causes by Application of their specialized knowledge paving way to Better life for Humanity.
The course equips graduates with the following:
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering to electronics and communication engineering problems.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments and to analyze and interpret the connectivity to the human race.
- An ability to function in and/or develop leadership in multi-disciplinary teams.
- An ability to identify, formulate and solve electronics and communication engineering problems.
- An understanding of ethical and professional responsibility.
- An ability to engage in life-long learning to follow developments in electronics and communication engineering.
- An ability to skillfully use modern engineering tools and techniques necessary for engineering design, analysis, and applications.
- A recognition of the need for quality.
- An ability to function individually as well as be part of a team.
Vision and Mission
To be recognized by the society at large as an excellent department, offering quality higher education in the Electronics and Communication Engineering field with research focus taking into account the requirements of the public and being in tune with the advancing technological revolution and changing social difficulties.
The mission of the ECE Department is to facilitate young Engineers to acquire technical exposure in the areas of Electronics and Communication Engineering, nurture career improvement and develop human and social intellectual qualities necessary for the successful practice of the profession. To carry out research through constant interaction with research organizations and industry.
- B.E –Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Analog Laboratory is a suite of sonic specialists devoted in keeping sound of analog electronics alive. The lab has an area of 70sq.m and well equipped equipments worth Rs.12,52,655..Analog lab helps students acquire basic knowledge in the field of electronics devices like diodes transistors families. The students are trained with analog simulation tools like PSPICE,MULTISIM.
- In manufacturing Industry, Research and development is fundamental to success. The manifestation to this commitment is Digital Electronics Laboratory.The lab is equipped with State of art equipments and Digital simulation tools such as XILINX and QUARTUS.
Telecommunication Laboratory trains the students with Analog & Digital transmission/reception signals. The communication Laboratory is equipped with AM /FM modulation kits, line coding Trainer kits and DSO.
Optical & Microwave Laboratory
- Fiber optics has revolutionized the way the world communicates. The lab is one of the highly furnished with a carpet area 94 sq.m and equipment worth Rs. 12,55,976.In optical and microwave lab, students are imparted knowledge with microwave active devices like Klystron,Gunn diodes and passive devices like Directional coupler,Horn antenna,Isolators,Circulators and fiber optic trainer kits.
VLSI and DSP Laboratory
VLSI and DSP Laboratory are done in the Networks Laboratory was developed in order to expose students development of various Hardware Descriptive Language implemented in FPGA kits like Xilinx Spartan 3, Spartan 3E, Vertex FPGA kits and Altera Cyclone II FPGA kits. The lab also bestows knowledge on various DSP processors such as TMS320C67XX series and also DSP simulation tools like MATLAB . Code Composer Studio v3.1.The lab has an carpet area 66 sq.m. with an establishment worth Rs.25,77,985.
Microprocessors and Microcontrollers Laboratory
Microprocessor lab is equipped with microprocessor kits and interfacing devices to enhance encoding skills in assembly language. The students gain knowledge in programming 8085,8086,8051 microcontrollers and the lab has an area of 136 sq.m
|S. No||STAFF NAME||QUALIFICATION||DESIGNATION|
|1||Prof. K. Komathy Vanitha||M. Tech., Ph.D||HOD|
|2||Prof. R. Chandrasekaran||M. E., Ph.D||Assistant Professor|
|3||Prof. H. K. Reshma||M. E||Assistant Professor|
|4||Prof. J. Jincy||M. Tech., Ph.D||Assistant Professor|
|5||Prof. I. Billdass Santhosam||M. Tech.,||Assistant Professor|
|6||Prof. S. Divya||M. E||Assistant Professor|
|7||Prof. J. Silamboli||M. Tech||Assistant Professor|
|8||Prof. K. Sivalingan||M. E||Assistant Professor|
|9||Prof. S. Dhivya||M. E||Assistant Professor|
|10||Mr. J. Solomon||DECE||Lab Assistant|
|11||Mrs. T. Geetha||DECE||Lab Assistant|
|12||Mr. P. Samuel Ashik||B. E||Lab Assistant|
|13||Mrs. P. Amudha||HSLC||Lab Attender|