Civil Engineering the latest of branches in MAMCE was started in the academic year 2009-10. The discipline deals with the design, construction and maintenance of the physical and naturally built environment, including works such as bridges, roads, canals, dams and buildings. Civil engineering is the oldest engineering discipline after military engineering, and it was defined to distinguish non-military engineering. It is traditionally broken into several sub - disciplines including environmental engineering, geotechnical engineering, structural engineering, transportation engineering, municipal or urban engineering, water resources engineering, materials engineering, coastal engineering, surveying and construction engineering. Civil engineering takes place on all levels: in the public sector from municipal through to federal levels, and in the private sector from individual home owners through to international companies. Civil Engineers build the world`s infrastructure. In doing so, they quietly shape the history of nations around the world. Most people cannot imagine life without the any contributions of civil engineers to the public`s health, safety and standard of living. Only by exploring civil engineering`s influence in shaping the world we know today, can we creatively envision the progress of our tomorrows.
Our Vision for Civil Students
- Keep pace with the advancing Civil Engineering technologies
- Develop a sense of self-discipline, social responsibility and co-operative work attitude
- Play a commendable role in prosperity of human civilization and protection of human civilization from extinction.
Civil Engineering is committed to
- Provide valuable based education in engineering technology and management
- Inculcate dedication, hard work, sincerity and ethics in building up the overall professional personality of our students and faculty.
- Breed an inquisitive and creative research culture to help in the development of new knowledge and upgradation of existing knowledge using information and management technology.
- Empower students to acquire current knowledge with ethics so as to meet the requirements of the nation in the knowledge world.
- Offer consultancy services to organizations in analysis, design and planning of the civil engineering systems.
The objective of Civil Engineering Department is to disseminate the knowledge above latest technologies in Civil Engineering to the students so that they cater the demand of builders/contractors and construction industry in and around the institution as well as to the needs of the country and abroad.